Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

H1-B 2017 Visa Prediction

UPDATE *9/2/2015* - In this update I will talk about H1B visa 2017 season. 

If you are planning to apply for H1B visa 2017 or you were one of the unlucky ones who were not selected in H1b Visa 2016 season then here are a few things you need to know. So those of who will be selected in the H1B lottery their H1b visa would start from October 1st 2017.


What will be H1B Visa 2017 Start Date?

April 1st 2016 . USCIS will start accepting the petitions for fiscal year 2017 from April 1st 2016. 

What will be H1B 2017 Cap?

The quota numbers as of now when I am writing this article remains the same as of last year i.e. 65,000 for Regular and 20,000 in advanced quota. There have been lot of speculations and talks about the H1B regular quota cap being increased to 110,000 and H1B masters quota cap being increased to 25,000. But as of now the cap remains the same old as last year. I will update the article if the numbers change.  

What is the prediction for H1B visa 2017 ?

Looking at the past trends I am sure that there will be a lottery again for H1b visa season 2017. I hope the quota is increased from the current quota of 85,000 but if not then certainly there will be more number of petitions compared to last year ( Last year there were 233,000 petitions ) . I am making this predictions based on the past trends.

It is never to late to start for preparation of H1b Visa 2017. So make sure you get all your documents ready before March of 2016.

Also Read : Best Money Sending Service to India- Online Money Transfers    
 
Also a lot of users specially ask me this question about " How do I find a H1B visa sponsor

If you did your masters or bachelors in USA then when you apply for jobs you can read my article here which tells you How to find if a company Sponsor's H1b Visa or not?
If you are coming from outside USA then the path is not very easy. If you are working for an MNC like TCS, Infosys etc. then your company can apply for your H1B.   

This is regarding H1-B Visa , particularly about H1-B for 2016.

So on April 13th 2015 USCIS  conducted the lottery for H1-B 2016. Because it received more petitions than the quota which is 85000 ( 20000 for Advanced Degree Cap and 65000 for general) so the fate of any foreign workers will be decided via a lottery.

On April 14th , USCIS updated that the H1-B Cap premium processing will began no later than April 27. I have been seeing the trends from past few years and every year the number of candidates have increased significantly.

I believe those people who have applied for AD/PP/VT and AD/PP/CSC should have got the results by now. If not , then there is a slim chance till next week . ( This is my assumption )

( AD- Advanced Cap , PP- Premium Processing , CSC - California Service Center )

Regular processing has also started and I have seen that many people have started receiving their receipts. Regular processing candidates should hear by next three weeks.

From previous years there has been a significant increase in the number of applicants. In 2014, USCIS received  172,500 applications .  In 2014 it received nearly 124,000 petitions. As you can see there has been significant increase over the past years and the quota is still the same 85,000.

h1b-visa-2017

My prediction for next year will be around 350,000 applications.I believe that the quota would increase next year but still there will be a lottery. There are a couple of  reasons which I want to mention here which made me to predict such a high number ( 350,000 ) :

1) This time approximately 150,000 petitions will not be selected in lottery ( Received = 233,000, Quota = 85,000  Denied = 233,000 - 85000 = 153,000 ) . I believe at least 120,000 people would reapply out of 153,000 not selected this year.

2) As I have seen myself , there was a significant number of increase in the students who came to US from India/China in fall 2014 as compare to Fall 2013 for their Masters/PHD  . Therefore there will be more number of H1-B's filed next year

I hope the above information helps. If you have something to add to it , do leave a comment below. Don't forget to like our facebook page for latest updates. Also follow us on Twitter.


You would also want to look at my article : Best Money Sending Service to India- Online Money Transfers   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    This blog has really got me worried. Should the people stop pursuing their dream of studying in US now? What can a student do to get his H1B visa? I know it's a lottery, but the agency might be looking on some points right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandeep ,

    I didn't want to put you in any worry. I was just trying to clear some facts. And regarding
    H1-B this is the system which was put in place by USCIS government so nothing can be done about it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, your articles are really informative

    ReplyDelete