Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

MS in MIS ( Management Information Systems)

Today I will be talking about a specific degree course which has shown an upward trend from last few years. I have seen the intake for this degree course has nearly doubled from fall 2013 to fall 2014 and it continues to be one of the most popular degree course opted by International graduate students.


Master's of Science in Management Information Systems

MS - MIS program is suitable for students with information systems background. Also its an ideal compliment for any undergraduate student with degree in business , engineering science or maths.I have usually seen students who come from India to pursue this program have  their bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.

What Job role you can get into after completing your Master's in Management Information Systems ?


  • Business Analyst 
  • Software Developer
  • System Analyst
  • Network Analyst 
  • SAP Analyst
  • Business Intelligence Analyst
  • Technology Advisor
  • Systems Developer 
  • Web Developer
If you have a bachelors degree in Computer Science or IT and Masters degree in MIS your career path becomes really flexible. As you can see there are a variety of job roles you can get into and this will help you getting your dream job.

Below is the list of Top five colleges which offer this advanced degree which is MS in MIS :


2) University of Minnesota Twin Cities :


4) Univerity Of Arizona : https://msmis.eller.arizona.edu/

5) University Of Maryland - College Park : http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/programs/ms-programs/information-systems

I hope the above information helps. If you have something to add to it , do leave a comment below . Don't forget to like our facebook page for latest updates. Also follow us on Twitter.

You would also want to look at my article : LinkedIn - A Powerful tool which will help you in getting your Dream Job




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Hai nice to have the post on MIS program and I would like to ask a small but a big doubt which is haunting me, as I got admit in MBA MIS and now will it be possible to move to ms IN MIS once I complete my 1st semester to another university and if so plz help me out by giving the suggestions of how I can I do the transfer and will there be any chance of doing this ??? Thanks in advance and plz post me the valuable suggestion which will be helpful for me to clear of my doubt ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yvs,

    Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can transfer to MIS. Transfer should not be a problem and even your credits you took in the first university can be transferred to the other university. I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete